Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Braided Rugs, Patchwork Curtains and Bean Bag Chairs

I have quite a bit on my "workdesk" right now and not so much time to work on all these projects. But I'm having so much fun with them so it's all good.

For years I've carried around with me a stash of fabric that I couldn't quite decide what to do with. I finally settled on some projects and now I have three started. One of the reasons I have so many started is that I'm cutting things out while I'm waiting on a part for me sewing machine. It should be here any day now, and then I can actually start sewing.

The first project I started is patchwork curtains. Because the house we live in is an old farm house I thought patchwork curtains would fit very well in here.


I'm keeping it simple with patchwork squares. So far this is what I've cut out.



The second project I started is beanbag chairs. We recently rearranged the playroom, taking out the large couch and chairs. My plan is to make quite a few of these little beanbag chairs, at the moment I have enough panels cut out to make three. I found the pattern at Making It Fun - Bean Bag Chair.

I'm planning to make one red and tan, one green and tan, and one all red.



Now if the piece for the sewing machine would just come!

The third project I started is a braided rug for the playroom. I have quite a few older, mismatched sheets that I'm going to start with. At least I don't have to wait to use my sewing machine for this and can work on it in the in between times when it doesn't work for me to sew.



So there you have it - all the projects that are on my "workdesk" today.

~ Linking Here ~

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

~ And Here ~





13 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I love patchwork quilt designs and I can't even imagine all the work to do that for curtains.

    Braided rugs? Be still my heart. Love them! Can you tell my house is country? LOL Love your home and these things will look fantastic.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place you have. Those fabrics are going to fit right in. I love sewing but simply do not have the patience to do patchwork so am always impressed when someone starts a big project like you - hope the machine part comes soon :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea!!!

    whoo hooo I'm #300 follower

    Newest GFC follower. Stopping by from the Monday hop!

    Would love a follow back and stop by and say hello!
    http://www.mysocalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's good to see what you're busy with this week.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab is your workdesk!! Lovely shot of the home, I think the curtains are going to be wonderful. I was in a Catch Kidston shop recently and they have square patchwork, slightly quilted curtains over the changing room areas..they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed your sewing machine part comes soon, can't wait to see your completed projects, thanks for sharing on WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. impressive! That is so much work you are going to be doing. I loved bean bag chairs when I was younger! Love the pic of your home. So green! Here in Oklahoma everything is burnt brown from the heat. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My most prized posession is a patchwork quilt that my kids made for me as a birthday present when the youngest was 6 and the eldest 16. They used all the scraps from everything I ever made them. Its a bit wonky and not perfect at all, but the only thing I will not even let my grandchildren play with!
    Hope the machine is fixed real soon.
    Happy belated WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Be sure and show us the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great projects you have in store! Have fun!! Thank you so much for linking up to It's a Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patchwork curtains is a great idea. I'm sure they'll look great in your home - which, by the way, is lovely =).

    katy @ redBuddy notes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas! I made patch work bean bag chairs for my kids playroom and they were a great stash buster!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patchwork Curtains look awesome to home :)

    ReplyDelete