Saturday, April 16, 2011

Moving a House

Last year at this time we were not even thinking about moving out of the house we were living in then. We had planned to stay there a few more years before we looked into buying a place of our own. But then we began hearing rumors, from pretty reliable sources, that our landlord was planning to sell or lease that land Sheetz to build a gas station there. So we started looking at options and, after some twists and turns, we bought this house and I'm so glad we did.

I was always a little sad though at the idea of the grand old house we were living in being torn to for a gas station. But now I'm glad to see that it's not being torn down. Instead it's being moved. It's amazing to me that a house that size can be moved but that's the plan. I'm not sure yet where it's going.

We went by there this evening and I took some pictures of it resting on steel I-beams in preparation for moving.





Wolfe House and Building Movers are moving it. I hope I can manage to actually see it moved. That would be an awesome sight.




No comments:

Post a Comment