Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Notes From Walnut Acre - The Rainy Day Edition

Today has been one of those days when the weather can't quite decide what it wants to do. Rain, sun, rain, sun, thunderstorms has been the pattern of the day. The majority of the time it was rain.

There were seven daycare kids today and we had a good day. A few days ago I had printed a lot of songs from DLTK's Bible Rhymes and Songs for Kids section and stapled them into booklets. Singing seems to be one of the main things that calms Michael down when he gets restless so I thought they might come in handy. They did today and when I pulled them out he let me sit down and sing with him for almost half an hour. Of course the other kids got in on the fun too as they wanted too. Besides singing and our usual morning preschool hour here are some of things the kids kept busy with today.



 

During one sunny period today I saw two goldfinches at the bird feeder. I was so excited to see these little beauties. There used to be a lot of goldfinches around the house I grew up in but I hadn't seen any in years.


After Doug came home from work this evening he and Austin and Michael went out to the garage and put together our second picnic table. Then after dinner they went and bought some stain and Doug started staining them.


And finally, this little video fascinates for me for some reason, so I thought I would share it.


No comments:

Post a Comment