Thursday, April 14, 2011

Outdoor Play Kitchen

I mentioned in an earlier post about how I had put together a little outdoor play kitchen for the kids to enjoy. And they were enjoying but the location really wasn't quite right. The ground slanted away from it and made it hard to play comfortably. So yesterday Austin and I moved it next to the shed and now the wall it was setting against is our giant chalkboard. 

While this is definitely not a fancy play kitchen, just cinder blocks, old boards, various old containers and a small table, the kids are absolutely loving it. And it's new location makes it so much better. They played there a LOT today.


The little orange containers are cat food containers, emptied and washed. They're sturdy and just the right size.







A big favorite in our little kitchen is an empty parmesan cheese container. They love to fill it with dirt and pretend to be shaking cheese onto their "food."



I can't wait to see all the foods I am served from this little kitchen.


9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. Fancy Schmancy. Who needs that? This is excellent! (I'm sharing on my FB page, btw) - you got me thinking of where I can build up a kitchen outside...

    Thanks for playing with us at It's Playtime today! Hope to see more of your ideas next Thursday too!

    Jamie @ hands : as we grow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, an outdoor play kitchen! I need to find a spot in my backyard for something like this, my kids' would love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting an outdoor kitchen for myself coz I hate cooking inside during the summer -maybe I'll start with a play kitchen first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to play outside! I love their idea for the parmesan cheese container! Very fun!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pretend kitchen!! Love the Parmesan cheese container :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy seeing what others are doing outside; this is great. I love how when you find the right activity, your kids can just be absorbed for hours. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you at the Play Academy - and snap! we've been playing in our outdoor kitchen this week. I'll have to suggest your parmesan idea - they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know my girl would absolutely love this! :)

    Thanks for adding this post in last week's High paw! Excellent outdoor activity!

    ReplyDelete