Friday, August 5, 2011

Pineapple Lime Jello Salad



1 can crushed pineapple, drained, with juice reserved
Water, added to reserved pineapple juice to make 4 cups
2 (3 ounce) packages lime gelatin mix
8 oz frozen whipped topping

Pour 2 cups of the water and pineapple juice mixture into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the lime gelatin mix and stir until completely dissolved. Add the remaining 2 cups of water and pinapple juice mixture. Pour into bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.

After jello is set add crushed pineapple and frozen whipped topping. Beat on low to medium speed until mixed well. Return to refrigerator for at least 1 more hour.

Enjoy!

~ Linking Here ~


6 comments:

  1. I am a new follower on your blog site please follow me back :) thanks



    http://taracl2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandma makes something similar to this and my kids love it. I don't have the recipe but I'm gonna try yours. Thanks so much! I just started a new link party on my blog today and I'd be honored if you'd join up with this. http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-time-21-and-link-up.html
    have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose,
    We love this salad and have it often, we call it that "Green Salad". We always have it at Christmas and I could eat it year round. Hope you have a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come back soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing salad. I never had it before, but it sounds yummy.

    Thank you for sharing this at Foodie Wednesday. Hope to see you there today with another recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother in law makes this every year for the holidays, but their recipe also has shredded cheddar. I would never have thought that lime jello and cheese could become something magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds new and interesting . Thank you for sharing with us @ #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.

    ReplyDelete