Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Talking to God


Pray on the shadowy hillside of hardship and on the sunny hillside of happiness. ~ Terri  Guillemets

The weather was beautiful and Michael and I were sitting on the porch enjoying the Spring weather. I was doing some online work and Michael was just relaxing. As he sat with me he chattered nonstop - about lawnmowers, the neighbor's dog, the neighbor's lawnmower, what time Daddy's coming home, the lawnmower at Lowe's, the rooster, Grandpa's lawnmower - there seems to be a pattern here. In between topics he would sings snippets of his favorite songs. 

It was nice to just listen to what was going on his mind, what his interests are at the moment, and the things he wants to do in the future (mostly ride lawnmowers). And while I have no real interest in riding lawnmowers, I was interested in hearing him talk about it because he's my child and I love him. 

It made me think of my Heavenly Father, and His desire to hear from me. He wants me to talk to Him about what's on my mind, what's bothering me,  what makes me happy. Why? Because I'm His child, He's my Heavenly Father and He loves me!

He would love to hear from you too.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment