Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Walnut Acre Daily - Sleet!!! Really?!?!?

Our morning started with sleet. SLEET!!!! Spring is seriously teasing us this year. Thankfully the sleet didn't last long but the rest of the day has been gray and wet.

Austin usually takes care of the morning chores but this morning I took a turn at feeding, watering, gathering eggs . . .and taking pictures.



There were six pretty eggs this morning.  


The rabbits are looking good.



I get so much amusement from watching the pig enjoy her food. She's just such a . . . pig!


In between rain showers Mykalin picked grass for the animals to enjoy. The rabbits and chickens always like fresh green grass and even the pig will eat some.



I took these pictures yesterday when we went for a walk. This goat was so funny and reminded me how much I really want a goat.


The rest of the day I spent doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning, cooking and writing. And I got papers printed to go with the books I'm planning to use next week on the mornings I go to my sister's. I also managed to sneak in as little nap this afternoon. 



Doug was busy all day too. He took trash to the landfill, helped our pastor take a refrigerator to someone who needed one, got feed from the feed store, and then worked in the garage the rest of the day. 

So even though it was gray, cold and wet today it was still a good day. And according to The Weather Channel after another rainy day tomorrow, next week should be mostly sunny and warm. Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment