Monday, April 6, 2015

The Walnut Acre Daily - A Wonderful Easter




  • I'm writing this a day late again but I guess that means we were so busy living yesterday I just didn't have time to write about the living.


  • We had a wonderful Easter! 

  • We were up early  . . . but, for the kids at least, this helped. 




Easter started early for us because we went to the sunrise service. Michael is in the handbell choir and they were performing. They did a wonderful job and I was very proud of them. There are more kids in this choir but from where I was sitting I couldn't get a picture of everyone.


Some of the kids read Scripture and what they had written about what Easter means to them.


After the service there was a breakfast. There were breakfast casseroles, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, fruit, juice, and coffee.


After breakfast and Sunday School we went back to the sanctuary for the service. As I was sitting in the choir loft waiting for the service to start I was watching all the activity and listening to tidbits of conversation and I nearly cried at the thought of how blessed I am to be a small part of this.


This afternoon we were at my Dad's. After lunch then little ones took naps and Amanda and Charity filled and hid eggs. 




Then, when they were all awake and ready the hunt was on!













Like I said, it was a wonderful Easter. But the best part, the part that makes all of the fun we had worthwhile, and the reason we celebrate, is because He has, indeed, risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment