Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Wednesday February 22, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . fast melting snow and temperatures in the 40s.

I am thinking . . . that I need to get things ready for my PreK class at church this evening.

I am thankful . . . for my dear husband.

In the kitchen . . . there is homemade granola in the oven now and English Muffin Bread rising to bake when the granola comes out.

I am wearing . . . blue shirt and tan pants.

I am going . . . this evening I am going to church for the usual Wednesday evening dinner/worship service/class/choir practice marathon. I'm tired by the time I get home but I do love Wednesday evenings.

I am wondering . . . if the money we've been waiting for will finally come today. Waiting patiently is not one of my strengths.

I am reading . . . so far today stories to kids. The Beginning from  The Beginner's Bible,Toy Story 2 , and Horton Hears A Who!

I am hoping . . . that Michael takes a nap this afternoon.

I am looking forward to . . . eating granola when it's ready. Granola is one of my very favorite foods.

I am learning . . . to trust God when I don't quite see how things are going to work out.

Around the house . . . Lauren and Christopher are taking their afternoon naps, Austin is loading the dishwasher, Michael is playing quietly, Amanda is watching Honey, I Shrunk the Kids on her laptop with the dog curled up beside her sleeping.

I am pondering . . . Genesis 11.

A favorite quote for today . . . Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it. ~ Author Unknown

One of my favorite things . . . quiet afternoons.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Michael has an urology appointment tomorrow. Saturday Amanda and I go for our orientation to volunteer at the SPCA. This is something she has been wanting to do but since she is only 13 an adult has to attend orientation and volunteer with her. It wouldn't have been something I would have chosen to do on my own but I think I'll enjoy it. It will give her experience working with animals and the two of us can enjoy doing something together.

A peek into my day . . .







2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your daybook entry today. I will have to borrow your quote. Your picture is so sweet, too. Who is that little doll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sleeping photo is so sweet! And I love the quote.

    I never realized that the story of Abraham begins in the same chapter as the story of the Tower of Babel!

    ReplyDelete