Monday, February 13, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - 3, 2, 1, Action!



But someone will say, "You have faith, I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds."  ~ James 2:18

There are times to wait in faith for God to move, but sometimes it's tempting to use "waiting on God" as an excuse not to do the things that God has given us to do.

Browsing through the Quote Garden (I love quotes so this is one of my favorite sites) I came across these quotes on action. I found them inspirational so I thought I would share them this morning. So often I have a brain full of ideas but fail to act on them and so they blow away in the breeze of the day flying by. I think about them, talk about them, but do not act on them. Instead of spending so much time on talking and thinking I should instead be praying and acting. Ideas are often gifts from God that we fail to open and therefore miss out on so many gifts He would love to give us, and others through us.

Well done is better than well said. ~ Benjamin Franklin

The shortest answer is doing. ~ Lord Herbert

An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied. ~ Arnold Glasow

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

Be content to act, and leave the talk to others. ~ Baltasar Gracian

And finally . . .

Note to self: finding a cool quote and writing it in your journal is not a substitute for Getting. It. Done. ~ Betsy Canas Garman

No comments:

Post a Comment