Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sunday February 12, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window . . . dark, cold and windy. I really wish we would either get snow or warm weather.


I am thinking . . . of all the things I am hoping to get done this week. Last week I was extra tired for some reason and felt like I just couldn't get anything but the absolute necessities done. Hoping this week is more productive.


I am thankful . . . for new beginnings.

In the kitchen . . . overnight grits in the crockpot for breakfast this morning along with sausages and strawberry peach mango smoothies. Lunch was Bacon Wrapped Drumsticks, Baked Potatoes, Veggies and Dip and Biscuits. CJ fixed chicken patties and french fries for dinner this evening. And now I have Crockpot Sausage and Egg Casserole getting ready for breakfast in the morning.

I am wearing . . . light green shirt, dark green pants, white socks.

I am creating . . . plans.

I am going . . . to pick up Jennifer after work (about 10:30) and take her home and then I'm going to bed.

I am wondering . . . how the drama in our front yard ended today. My friend Jennifer and I were sitting in the living room talking when we heard tires squealing outside. We both ran to the window to see what was happening. There were three vehicles out there, a truck, an SUV, and a car. There was obviously some discord going on and as we watched two of the vehicles pulled into our driveway. Sensing trouble and feeling my defenses rise I marched out the door and asked them if there was a problem and did I need to call the police. I then realized I had left my cell phone in the house so I turned to go back in and get it. As I did the man in the car threw it into gear, spun through the driveway and yard and tore back out onto the road, with the man in the truck in hot pursuit. The man in the SUV started to leave and then stopped to apologize for the ruckus. He said the man in car had been following him for 20 miles and now he and his friend in the truck were trying to get the car cornered so that they could call the police. Then he too took off. I've been wondering all afternoon how the whole thing ended and hoping no one got hurt in the process. What a strange episode!

I am hoping . . . for a good homeschool week.

I am looking forward to . . . a new week.

I am learning . . .  to always expect the unexpected.

Around the house . . . all is quiet and ready for a new day tomorrow.

I am pondering . . . the life unexpected.

A favorite quote for today . . . Laughter is an instant vacation. ~ Milton Berle

One of my favorite things . . . a blank sheet of paper . . . oh, the possibities.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . hoping to order some seeds for the garden and planning to try a bunch of new recipes.

A peek into my day . . . CJ and Mykalin building with K-nex.






1 comment:

  1. You gotta love those K-nex. I also hope that all went well with those involved in the incident.

    ReplyDelete