Monday, February 27, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Love in Action


Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. ~ 1 John 3:18
It's so easy to say I love you. And sometimes it's so hard to live like I really do. But when I tell those around me I love them and then walk away and forget to make sure I show them as well, I am not being very loving.
Love is an action word. And if I am not showing love in action than I have a very selfish love. It really isn't love at all, just a good feeling that only benefits me with warm fuzzies and does the other person no good at all.
As Christians we are called to love each other. To love each other is to pray for and with each other. It is to listen, to respond, to meet the needs of those around us. To love each other is to put others first and to treat them in such a way that they know they are loved and valued.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:13

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! It's easy to think about love as something sweet and happy and to forget that it really is an action word. Kind of makes me think of the country song, "Something That We Do."

    ReplyDelete