Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Thursday February 23, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . dark and 49 degrees. It was in the 60s today and I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to go out with the kids. Austin and Amanda took the little kids out for an hour this morning so at least they go to enjoy it.

I am thinking . . . about a few tweaks I made to our schedule (again) that I hope will work out well.

I am thankful . . . that Michael's visit to the urologist turned out to be a good one and relieved my mind of one issue I've been trying not to worry about the last couple months. It's an answer to prayer and I am grateful.

In the kitchen . . . I made homemade hot pockets. The fillings to day were bacon & cheddar and pepperoni & cheddar. Doug and I had some for dinner this evening and there are some left over to go in the freezer for other meals.

I am wearing . . . light blue shirt, tan pants.

I am creating . . . a new look for the playroom and living room. I spent a good part of the morning cleaning and rearranging furniture.

I am going . . . to bed soon.

I am wondering . . . if laundry truly does multiply while I sleep. I cannot seem to get it caught up!

I am reading . . . Earlier this evening I read this - Rose Prince's Baking Club: How My Children Earn Their Crust. I thought it was an interesting and inspiring story. So many kids don't want to have to earn money to spend, they want it given to them. Money seems so much more valuable when it has been earned.

I am hoping . . . for a good night of sleep. Michael and I shared the couch last night and it was not a good night of sleep for me.

I am looking forward to . . . the weekend.

I am learning . . . to bloom where I am planted.

Around the house . . . Doug and CJ have both gone to sleep. Austin, Amanda and Michael are still at my parents house but will be home soon.

I am pondering . . . the wisdom (or not) of brewing a pot of coffee now, at nearly 9PM. I really have a craving for coffee at the moment.

A favorite quote for today . . . Please don't feed the dust bunnies.  ~ Author Unknown

One of my favorite things . . . having our dog, Pepper, snuggled up to me while I write.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . schoolwork, grocery shopping, enjoying outside time with the kids.

A peek into my day . . . Austin, Amanda and Michael doing their schoolwork this afternoon.








No comments:

Post a Comment