Sunday, February 12, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Laughter


 credit: Michelle Meiklejohn
 
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. ~Proverbs 15:13
 
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. ~ Proverbs 17:22
 
I find it amazing how quickly a good laugh can clear the air when things are getting hard and people are getting grumpy. I've also found it does wonders with a child who is feeling uncooperative or defiant. Somehow the act of laughing just seems to dissolve all those negative feelings and smooth the way for dealing with the situation succussfully.
 
I love the following quotes about laughter that I found at Quote Garden this morning.
 
Mirth is God's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
 
Laughter is an instant vacation. ~ Milton Berle
 
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. ~ Woody Allen
 
And one of my very favorites, which applies well to our houseful of kids -
 
When people are laughing, they're generally not killing each other. ~ Alan Alda


No comments:

Post a Comment