Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday February 14, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . it is dark and 46 degrees. I was so glad it was warm enough today for the kids to play outside for awhile.

I am thinking . . . that I am so blessed.

I am thankful . . . for kids who are old enough and responsible enough to help keep things running when I have lots of meetings and appointments they way I have lately. Austin and Amanda are such a blessing in this way.

In the kitchen . . . Amanda made cookies today that did NOT turn out the way she planned. If you want a chuckle read The Funny Story Behind Today's Valentine Cookies! Austin made lasagna for dinner this evening.

I am creating . . . I did manage to work on the braided rug some more today.

I am going . . . This morning I had meeting to go to find out the results of an evaluation one of the kids had recently. In a few minutes I am going to pick up a friend from work and bring her back here. Doug finished working on her van today so she'll have transportation again. I know she's happy about that.

I am hoping . . . to order seeds for garden before the end of the month.

I am looking forward to . . . choir practice tomorrow evening.

Around the house . . . Doug, Michael, CJ and Madeline are sleeping. Austin and Aaron are hanging out in Austin's room, Amanda is using her laptop and Mykalin is playing with a flannel doll set.

I am pondering . . . the SpongeBob Study.

A favorite quote for today . . . Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart. ~ Author Unknown

One of my favorite things . . . Orville Redenbacher's Extra Cheese popcorn

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . looking forward to starting some new words with Michael. He's mastered the set we were working on and I had promised him we would have new ones today. But during "school" time he had a total meltdown and was unable to work on schoolwork. Doug finally took him to the auto parts store with him in hopes of improving his mood by changing the scenery a little. It did help but we lost our work time. But we'll try again tomorrow.

A peek into my day . . . this evening I hung out in the garage a bit while Doug worked on a van for a friend and the kids played outside.



1 comment:

  1. I think it is always so hard to watch our young ones with their melt downs. I remember like it was yesterday when my son had them. He still has outbursts, but nothing like before. Oh, the memories are forever etched. It was a learning experience. I tried to do so many different things. I knew the only thing I could do was change his train of thought or hold him tightly so he wouldn't hurt someone or break something. I still worry about his angry outbursts at times, but then I leave it to God.

    Sometimes you'll have those days where lessons go out the window. But, you know what? I look at it this way: If he were in a public school setting having an outburst like that, would he get his lessons done? No. He wouldn't. So, it doesn't matter. What is important is that he grow up knowing he is loved and accepted despite his problems.

    Bless you, Rose. Tell the family hello.

    ReplyDelete