Friday, February 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday February 10, 2012

For Today
Outside My Window . . . Cloudy skies and 37 degrees. From where I sit I can see cattle in the field and the mountains in the background. I love the views from here.

I am thinking . . . how much of a roller coaster life is when we rely only our feelings, and how thankful I am that God is in control.

I am thankful . . . for good health.

In the kitchen . . . CJ will be making us spaghetti & meatballs, salad, and cheesy garlic bread for dinner.

I am creating . . . menu and lesson plans for next week.

I am going . . . to pick my friend up from work late tonight and take her home. I will be one of her rides for the next few days until she gets her van fixed. It's fun to have the time to chat on rides back and forth.

I am wondering . . . when my left eyelid is going to stop twitching. This is the third day of twitching now and I'm alternating between being amused and annoyed at it.

I am hoping . . . the twitching stops soon!

I am looking forward to . . . the weekend.

I am learning . . . to keep things simple.

Around the house . . . Amanda is outside with the little kids,  Austin is washing the kitchen floor. The dryer is running.

I am pondering . . . “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 KJV

A favorite quote for today . . . Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion. ~ Edward Abbey

A few of my favorite things . . . twitter and facebook.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . grocery shopping, cooking and baking.

A peak into my day . . . Michael and Khristian watching Solar System for Kids during circle time this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment