Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Saturday February 11, 2012

For Today

Oustide my window . . . it is dark, cold and windy. The temperature is 19 degrees with and wind chill of 4 degrees.

I am thinking . . . that this is one of the coldest days we've had this winter. Overall it's been a pretty mild winter.

I am thankful . . . for a roof over my head and a nice warm bed.

In the kitchen . . . leftovers and sandwiches today. I really did not stick to my menu plan for today at all.   

I am going . . . to pick up a friend and take her home when she gets off work. Earlier today we went grocery shopping, took Austin and Aaron to the game store and CJ and Amanda to the Dollar store. Also made a stop at the pharmacy, bank and post office. This evening Doug had a meeting at our local Rescue Squad where he is a driver and an EMT.

I am wondering . . . if we're going to have to have a conversation with the insurance company every single month to get them to pay for Michael's medication. I thought we had this straightened out last month but had to pay for it out of pocket today because they denied it and we can't do anything about it until Monday.

I am reading . . . fascinating articles about neuroplasticity and neurochemistry.

I am hoping . . . that Michael sleeps better tonight than he did last night. His cold is making it hard for him to sleep.

I am looking forward to . . . church tomorrow.

I am learning . . . fascinating things about the brain.

Around the house . . . Michael and CJ are in bed, Austin and Aaron are heating themselves some pizzas, Amanda on her laptop, Doug and Mykalin are watching The Lion King on the Disney Channel. The house is cleaned up (more or less) and the dishwasher is running.

I am pondering . . . neuroscience.

A favorite quote for the day . . . Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~ Anthony J D'Angelo

One of my favorite things . . . atomic fire balls.

A peek into my day . . . somehow I didn't get any photos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment