Monday, October 24, 2011

Homemade Granola


Recently I went on quest for a granola recipe I really liked and after looking and a whole bunch of them I came up with one that I really love to eat. And I like the fact that I'm not hungry again halfway through the morning after eating a bowl of this.

Here's my recipe

8 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups sunflower seeds
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons vanilla

In a large bowl combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. In a saucepan, cook oil, brown sugar, honey, water and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Spoon into two greased 13 x 9 x 2 in baking pans. bake at 275 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.

~ Linking Here ~

2 comments:

  1. I love making granola! Will have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making granola! Will have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete