Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday February 28, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . it has been a beautiful, Springlike day. We spent a lot of time outside and I noticed there are some little wildflowers starting to bloom in the yard.

I am thinking . . . of my class tomorrow evening. I need to decide what kind of activities we're going to do and just can't seem to come up with any good ideas.

I am thankful . . . for the chance to earn Amazon giftcards through Swagbucks.

In the kitchen . . . Austin made lasagna for dinner this evening. At the moment I have slow cooker oats in the crockpot for breakfast in the morning.

I am wearing . . . green shirt, green pants, white socks.

I am creating . . . still working on the braided rug. I don't get as much time as I'd like to work on it so it's taking a long time.

I am going . . . I didn't have to go anywhere today which was very nice.

I am wondering . . . how long it's going to take me to get all the sticks and walnuts picked up out of our yard. I filled a good part of the wheelbarrow with walnuts today. With six walnut trees in the yard there are a lot to pick up. Michael insisted, of course, on helping push the wheelbarrow.







I am hoping . . . that things will work out well for Amanda with the neighbor I we met today. There was a dog wandering around the neighborhood so Amanda went and got it and put a leash on it. She and Austin took it around the neighborhood and couldn't find who owned the dog. So they brought him back home and tied him on the porch. About an hour later someone driving by stopped and told us it was her dog. As we talked we found out she lives across the field behind us and is in the process of putting in dog kennels on her land. I think she's going to be boarding dogs. Anyway, she said Amanda could come spend as much time with the dogs there as she wanted. Also, if Amanda helps out with the animals there, the owner of the kennels will help her with training our dogs. Amanda is really excited about this opportunity.

Here is the dog - his name is Indiana.






Around the house . . . half of the people in the house are sleeping and the other half are on their laptops.


A favorite quote for today . . . One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others. ~ Moliere


A peek into my day . . . since we had a very quiet day today I decided to give Austin a  long overdue haircut. Here are before and after pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment