Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Walking With the King
How precious to me are Your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count to them
they would outnumber the grains of sand-
When I am awake, I am still with You. 
~ Psalm 139:17- 18
MORE HERE

We Are Learning
I'm still doing the bug and insect unit with the kids. We practiced our memory verse, sang our song, watched this insect video and played bug memory.




We Are Reading
The kids picked out a variety of books for me to read to them. We read Dinosaur Days by Joyce Milton



Disney's The Prince and the Pauper



David and Goliath by Philippa Moyle

and Baby's Favorite Walk.


 At circle time we started reading Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime by Jane Landreth. This is a book I've already read to Michael and CJ and I thought the other kids would enjoy it too. 




Homemaking Joys
Homemaking work today consisted of laundry and some cleaning. Once again it was a day of all working together. One thing that made me really smile was seeing the upstairs hallway dusted and cobwebs in the corners taken care of. That had been bugging me for awhile and I finally got it done today.

In the Kitchen
Austin made his lasagna for dinner this evening. This is a recipe that he has adapted to make the lasagna taste the way he likes it.

I baked a cake (mix from the box) for the kids for snack. I think Michael likes licking the bowl more than he likes eating the cake.




On Our Nature Walk












Out and About
The only thing I've really had to go out to do today was pick up my friend and take her to work. A little later this evening I'll be picking her up from work and taking her home.


Today's Quote
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else. ~ James M. Barrie

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this post and these photos!
    Visited you on the perfect post...we are MAJOR bug fans over here!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nature walks look fabulous! I always wonder though: How often do you do a tick check? I know they love tall grass as a departure point.

    ReplyDelete