Saturday, May 5, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - 2 Chronicles 7:14

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

If my people, who are called by my Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and I will heal their land. ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14

This is a familiar verse to many of us but one that bears looking at often. God wants to forgive and heal. But he needs to know we are serious in wanting His blessing and healing. He wants relationship with us and obedience. Relationship and obedience are so important because without them we will continue to make the mistakes that have brought us to the point of needing healing in the first place. But when he knows we are serious about walking in the way He has set out for us, the way that brings healing and wholeness, He stands ready to hear and to heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment