Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - For I Know Not The Path of the Wind

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, 
so you cannot understand the work of God,
 the Maker of all things. 
~Ecclesiastes 11:5

Sometimes I really need a simple reminder that it is God, not I, who is in control. I certainly am not in control of the path of the wind, nor is the most expert meteorologist who more often than not seems to be playing catch up finding which way the wind has decided to go rather than accurately predicting where it will go next. And I most certainly do not understand how a baby is formed in a mother's womb. The intricacies of of exactly how all these genes and strands of DNA work to form a living, breathing human being is beyond even the most learned and intelligent people in science. 

And this reminder of how little I know brings me face to face with the reality that I need, for my own good, to stop trying to run my own life and let the One who has the Divine plan for my future take the lead in my life. 

And that should not be a scary prospect because He has already told me how good those plans are.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11



:

No comments:

Post a Comment