Monday, May 28, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Unidentifiable Red Berries, Hydraulic Brake Line Failure and More

Walking With the King
Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn. ~ Romans 12:15

We Are Learning
This evening Amanda, Austin and I watched the documentary Mermaids: The Body Found. Amanda loved it although I found it a little strange and unbelievable.

We Are Reading
I read an intreresting blog post today that I thought I would pass along.


Homemaking Joys
It's been one of those days when simply picking up, a little laundry, and dishes was the extent of our housework.

In the Kitchen
I cooked two pans of sweet potatoes today and mashed them and put them in freezer.

For breakfast we had cereal and for lunch we had sandwiches. With no daycare kids here today and Doug at work and CJ gone fishing,  I just let everyone get there own cereal and sandwiches when they got hungry.

For dinner we had hotdogs, baked beans and Sweet Potato Fluff.


On Our Nature Walk
Michael and I went for two short walks today. The first time I saw a small bush with berries on it so I took some pictures and came back to see if I could find out what kind it was. 



I couldn't make a positive identification from the photos so I went back and picked some to compare to the pictures online. I still haven't been able to make a positive identification so I guess we won't be eating these. Unless someone reading this can tell me what they are. I think I'm going to have to buy a book on foraging that will help me identify edible plants.




Out and About
Michael and I made two trips to Food Lion today. After the first trip I realized we also need sugar so I had to go back and get some. Other than that I've just been taking Jen back and forth for work. 


Today Doug went to work on a friends vehicle and as he was getting ready to leave the brake hydraulic line burst and he had no brakes. Thankfully he wasn't on the road when it happened, that could have been really bad. 


CJ came home this evening from his two day fishing trip happy and excited. It was a good two days for him.


Other Notes and News
Yesterday was our family's turn to be in the church nursery during the main service. We had fun and the kids were really good.








Daily Deals


Quote For Today
A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~ Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment