Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Thursday May 10,2012

Walking With the King
Therefore there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. ~ Romans 8:1-4
MORE HERE

We are Learning
Today we continued working with materials from the  Pretty Bugs Preschool Pack. The kids are really enjoying this theme.

 After read a few stories, reviewed the memory verse and sang a song we played pretty bugs memory . . . 




. . .  colored a worksheet . . .


. . . and did our Cc phonics worksheet.




We are Reading

Here are the three books the kids chose for me to read to them today. . .

The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds


God Made You Special!





and

What Is Easter?






Homemaking Joys


I was so blessed to have a friend offer to come over and help me for a few hours this morning. She folded two huge baskets of laundry for me which I'm sure my whole family appreciates. I know I sure do. Thank You Arbo!

In the Kitchen


Amanda fixed us pizza for lunch today.


For dinner this evening I made Zucchini Egg Bake, Fried Ham and a Salad. I will be sharing the Zucchini Egg Bake recipe soon as it was well liked by almost everyone. 



In the Garden


The peas are blooming. However, in the three rows of peas that I planted only about 15 plants actually came up. I had this problem last year too. Everything else grows well but the peas are just sad. I guess we'll have a few fresh peas in our salads - if I don't just eat them straight from the garden first.



On Our Nature Walk


Arbo took the kids on their nature walk this morning. They loved being able to show her their favorite places. And they found a spot where there were lots of little grasshoppers jumping around and had fun watching them.

Other Outdoor Fun


CJ came home from school today and decided that he would like to tackle the weeds that are trying to take over the part of the garden I haven't planted yet.


Of course, as soon as the younger kids saw him they had to come "help."


Lauren and Cayson decided to dig for buried treasure. 




Michael abandoned digging in the garden for rolling down the hill. Cayson soon joined him.




Doug's outdoor "fun" consisted of weedeating.


Other Notes and News


One day a week I have two babies for the day. They were so good today, taking long naps and playing happily when they were awake.


Gage is here one day a week.


Christopher is usually here Monday through Friday.



I found these pictures after Michael had my phone. He was trying to get a good picture of our guinea pig, Little Red.





Playing house - Michael is the baby.



CJ decided to make something with perler beads while he waited for dinner to be ready.



It's been a busy day and a good day. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a busy day. The zucchini bake looks interesting. I don't know that my family would eat it. I wish they would try more things though.

    ReplyDelete