Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Freezing Radishes, Yard Work and Other Fun

Walking With the King
He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. ~ 1 Corinthians 1:8-9
MORE HERE - Only Through Jesus


We Are Learning
Doug spent some time with CJ today helping him practice running the riding lawn mower. CJ was thrilled and worked on it for quite a while. Driving in a straight line was a bit of a challenge but he had so much fun!






We Are Reading
The only things we read today were Michael and CJ's bedtime stories this evening.

Homemaking Joys
The only real housework that got done today was dishes and laundry. This only about half of what I washed and the rest probably will not get folded tonight. 




In the Kitchen
We had leftover sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast, pizza bread and vegetables for lunch and chicken and noodles, and vegetables for dinner.


I read somewhere that radishes can be blanched and frozen so I'm trying it to see if we like them. I don't what we'll think of them after they've been frozen but I do know I really enjoyed just eating the blanched radishes after they cooled. They were milder and so tender, but not mushy. I ate a lot of them before they  made it into the bag to freeze.


 I also cooked and mashed more sweet potatoes to put in the freezer. I'm haven't reached the bottom of that 40lb box of sweet potatoes yet but I'm making steady progress in that direction. 




 Outdoor Fun
CJ has lots of wood that he would like to build a shed out of. Today he was making his plans and trying out different ways of doing this.



Part of the time Mykalin was his helper. Actually I think she did a lot of watching but CJ loved showing her his plans.



Doug had a mowing job for someone else today and Michael helped him load the trailor and then went with him. They took along his bike so he could ride while Doug mowed.







Our farmer neighbor and his son had some trouble with his tractor this evening so Doug helped work on it for awhile. I think they eventually got if fixed.

CJ's friend Kevin came over to play for about an hour this evening. This picture isn't very good because I took it through the kitchen window. Kevin has been here twice recently and he and CJ seem to get along really well.

Out and About
I'm still my friend's ride to and from work so I took her to work at noon today and am picking her up and taking her home when she get's off work this evening.


Doug has squad duty tonight (he's a volunteer EMT) and it's an all night shift which means he has to stay at the building tonight. He always has a hard time sleeping when he's down there all night so he'll be tired tomorrow.

In the News
I think it's really neat that SpaceX successfully launched it's mini space-shuttle and that it safely reached the orbiting space station. I dream of traveling into space one day, and I love to see these new developments. I've always been fascinated by space and space travel.

Daily Deals



Quote for the Day
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~ Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment