Sunday, May 20, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Strength and Dignity

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

She is clothed with strength and dignity; 
She can laugh at the days to come. 
~ Proverbs 31:25

Many of us are very familiar with the description in Proverbs 31 of the wife of noble character. I know I've read it many times, it has been an inspiration to me many times. I certainly do not measure up, but I love to try. My favorite verse, and one to me that in seems to sum up the whole passage is verse 25. 

This woman knows who she is in God. This gives her the dignity and the strength to face whatever comes her way. She has also done the work within her power to accomplish so that she knows her family is provided for. So whatever may be coming, she's not wasting time worrying over it. She's ready.

This is my goal as a wife, mother and caretaker. I want to do what needs to be done now, so that whatever comes tomorrow I'm ready - ready spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. I want to face tomorrow with confidence because I know I've done what I needed to do and anything beyond that is in God's hands and He will provide whatever is needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment