Friday, July 6, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Kitchen Fun and TGIF

Walking With the King
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. ~ Matthew 24:35


In the Kitchen
For breakfast this morning I made Bacon Swiss Breakfast Pizza and  a fruit plate.


Today was CJ's day to make lunch and he fixed macaroni and cheese, and mixed vegetables and we also had the grapes that were left over from breakfast this morning.
I'm pretty sure Michael has a future career as a supervisor. Unfortunately the other kids don't always appreciate him honing those supervisor skills by practicing on them! I'm constantly reminding him that he's not in charge of every project or activity.

He did get get in his turn in the kitchen this afternoon by adding the sprinkles to the cookies. 

 Then when I wasn't looking he took the lid off the green sprinkles and poured them in his mouth. I don't think they tasted as good as he thought they would. He's laughing here because I'm laughing but he's also trying to spit them out. I guess (I hope) he learned that sometimes you really can get too much of a good thing.


When the cookies were ready we the little kids had snack in the tent that one of the older kids (Holly) had built for them.





Our main dish this evening for dinner was Pepperoni Pasta Salad, with chips, deviled eggs and potato salad on the side. It was kind of a mishmash of food but it was all cold so I didn't have to keep the kitchen heated up.


Homemaking Joys
I want to say a big "Thank You" to Austin and Amanda today for helping so much. Amanda got a lot of laundry done as well as cleaning out some cabinets and several other jobs. Austin did lots of dishes, and cleaned under and behind furniture in the playroom, living room and mudroom. Amanda's friend, Holly, was here today and also helped. And when Doug got home from work today he did some work upstairs. Life here is truly a team effort and today was one of those days when I was truly grateful for and blessed by the teamwork. And with it being so hot outside right now, we're getting a lot of inside work caught up and looking forward to cooler temperatures next week so we can get back outside.


Other Notes and News
Somehow this week has just felt a little off to me. With the holiday in the middle of the week and several of my daycare kids out on vacation or visiting relatives things just haven't been quite the same as usual. And we've missed outside time working in the garden, going for walks, playing at the park and having picnics. But next week so should be more normal. I found some wonderful ideas and resources for dinosaur a dinosaur theme and I think we'll be going with this for the next couple weeks. In the meantime I'm glad it's Friday. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a relaxing day and I can get lots of fun activities planned and prepared for next week.


Today's Quote
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else. ~ James Matthew Barrie


~ Linking Here ~




No comments:

Post a Comment