Sunday, July 22, 2012

He Gives Life and Purpose

With all your science - can you tell how it is, and whence it is, that light comes into the soul? ~ Henry David Thoreau

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. ~ Genesis 2:7

 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. ~ Psalm 139:14-16

God has a plan for each of us, a plan He knew before we were even formed. He made us, formed us, breathed life into us with this plan in  mind. Each plan is unique to each specific person, and each person is uniquely made to live out this plan. So pay attention to how you are made, what talents and interests you have been given, and which activities make you feel like this is what you were meant to do. Ask Him for guidance, take the time to listen and to hear what He has to say, go to His Word for direction, and know that He has a plan. He has a plan for you and he has a plan for me, and neither of us can live the other person's plan. It was for this reason He breathed life into our bodies, placing a light, a soul, within us.

 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith theLord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. ~ Jeremiah 29:11

~ Linking Here ~

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...so true. God created each of us so perfectly and for a particular purpose. I love your call for us to pay attention to the gifts he has blessed us with. We need to unwrap those gifts and discover the plans God has for our lives - his very best.

    ReplyDelete