Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book Review - Surviving Your Serengeti


It's been some time since I read Surviving Your Serengeti by Stefan Swanepoel, but since I somehow didn't get a book review written at the time I wanted to share one now.

I received this book from Booksneeze to read and review and I really enjoyed the book. Although it's been awhile since I read the book the lessons stuck with me. In fact, I read it once for myself and then read it again to my teenage son and daughter as part of our homeschool work. 

The book is written as the fictional account of a businessman and his wife on vacation in the Serengeti. The businessman is facing trouble with his business and his wife has recently been laid off from her job. This is a trip they won and they are taking a little time to get away from it all before returning to tackle the problems they face. While in the Serengeti they are privileged to meet an old friend who is very familiar with the Serengeti and the animals who live there. Over the next few days this friend shares his knowledge of the animals and their strengths that help them to survive in this sometimes harsh environment and then applies these lessons to life and business. 

It was a simple read and yet the principles taught have continued to stay with me and I've heard my children talk about them as well. There is also a quiz to take to help you find your own particular strengths. I would definitely recommend this book as a valuable resource. 


No comments:

Post a Comment