Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Pediatric Follow Up Visit and More

Walking With the King
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. ~ Matthew 16:25

Today's Quote
Even when you do not feel big hearted, you can give yourself permission to act that way. ~ Lama Willa Miller

On Our Nature Walk
Monday Cayson started making himself a little "firepit" with the rocks that are all over the place down there. Today he finished it and he and the other kids played camping, pretending to make S'mores.  It was so much fun to watch them having so much fun!







In the Garden
Austin spent about an hour pulling weeds from the garden today. I was out there a little as well, about 20 minutes. We're beginning to really see the progress. The next few days are supposed to be really hot though so we probably won't be spending much time out there the rest of the week.


We Are Learning
At circle time today we read The Little Calf That Couldn't Moo.

We also watched these two videos.





We colored a C is for Cow page . . . 





Out and About
Austin went to a church youth activity this evening. One of the boys from the youth group in leaving for the Army soon and there was a farewell party for him this evening. I was supposed to be going to choir practice this evening but at the last minute it was canceled. I love choir but I was so tired this evening I had been debating with myself whether I would even go or not. I had just made up my mind that I would go and about five minutes later got the call that it was canceled. 

Other Notes and News
Michael had his follow up visit with the pediatrician this afternoon. They pediatrician feels like we should go ahead and do an EEG and get a consult with a neurologist. Since Sunday's seizure is the only we've ever seen him have he doesn't want to start him on any medications for it. He's already on several other medications for other issues so any time we don't have to go the medication route I'm happy. If he should have another seizure or if the EEG shows seizure activity then we'll reconsider our options. 


And that's a peek into our day here at Walnut Acre. How was your day? I'd love to read about it in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that Michael is doing better. Did the doctor mention the possibility of the meds he is on causing the seizure? I know some meds have horrendous side effects.

    I have to say, the campfire thing is adorable. Kids being kids...using their imaginations. Love it! Those kids could sure teach my kids a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope the neurologist gets to the bottom of it soon. The pics are very, very cute btw.

    ReplyDelete