Monday, June 18, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - The Busted Water Heater, Broken Dish Washer, Bible School Edition

Though Michael cannot sleep,
 and the hot water heater busts, 
though my computer loses all my work,
and the dishwasher is broken, 
though it's raining and the kids cannot play outside,
and the hamster is loose somewhere in the house, 
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; 
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to tread on the heights.
~ Habakkuk 3:17-19 (The Rose @ Walnut Acre Version)


All of these things had happened by 8:00 this morning and the only thing I could do was sit and laugh. I looked for this passage in Habakkuk and couldn't find it so I called my mom and she soon texted me back with the reference. And the good thing was, the day could only get better from there. 


Walking With the King
Sing to God, in praise of His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before Him - His name is the Lord. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. Psalm 68:4-5
MORE HERE - He Rides on the Clouds

Today's Quote
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the Garden
None of us worked in the garden this morning because of the rain, but Saturday CJ planted four or five rows of corn.

Outdoor Fun
It was wet and rainy this morning so the kids played on the front porch instead of in the yard. 


Popsicles for snack.







We Are Learning
We began a farm themed study today. At circle time we read My Little Book Of Farm Animals by Daphne Hogstrom and sang B-I-N-G-O. We also watched this video




and colored some pictures of the dog named Bingo.



And we talked about the letter Mm and the sound it makes and did our Mm phonics worksheets.


This afternoon CJ, Michael and I played Sight Word Bingo together and they did math and sight word worksheets.






We Are Reading
Here are some of the books the kids and I read together today.


Baby Daisy's Walk




Franklin and the Thunderstorm



The Little Engine That Could


In the Kitchen
Amanda and Michael worked together to make our lunch.



Homemaking Joys
Austin learned a little about the joys of handwashing dishes. I think he actually enjoyed it a little.



Other Notes and News
I am thankful to say we now have a new hot water heater and plenty of hot water. CJ and Michael were excited to get to go along to buy the new water heater.  Getting the old water heater out of the basement was a bit of a challenge though.











But it was finally done and then we were off to Bible School for the evening. I'm working with the first and second graders and Doug si working with fifth and sixth graders. Each group has a team of teachers.


Here are a few pictures of the room I'm in. I love the way this room is decorated but I can't take any credit for. The other teachers decorated it Saturday, but I wasn't able to get there to help.


We didn't have as many kids as we had expected but we did have a fun evening. 





And now it's time for me to go to bed. This has been a very long, very tiring, very satisfying day.

3 comments:

  1. I think CJ and Michael know the importance of a well-working water heater! And I think it is a good decision to replace the old heater. A new water heater can provide you with a nice warm shower every day, and it can help you during the winter season. And the old one might burst and cause flooding in the house. That scenario won’t be good for you and your property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why’d your water heater break all of a sudden? From the looks of it, the water heater doesn’t look that old. Well, looks can be deceiving sometimes, so it is important to also check the inside of it. Anyway, getting a new one is a wise move. At least in that way, you won’t have to worry about not having hot water in the morning, and can greatly avoid costly repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the other teachers would understand if you were not able to help them with the decorations since you have a lot in your hands! :-) And I’m glad that you opted for a heater replacement. It is hard to decipher why such things stop working all of a sudden. Although repairing them can be an option, replacing them would lessen your worries on getting cold water for a shower.[Althea Tumlin]

    ReplyDelete