Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily -Harvesting Carrots, Bike Mechanics and More

Walking With the King
The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. ~ Psalm 121:7-8
MORE HERE - No Need to Worry

Today's Quote
Always carry with you a little reasonable doubt, should you meet someone who needs to be found innocent. ~ Robert Brault

On Our Nature Walk
This morning we had a chance to go on a nature walk again. It was nice to go see all our favorite spots again. 

We saw these pretty blue flowers that have bloomed since the last time we were there.

The berries are starting to change color. I still have no idea whether these are raspberries or blackberries so I guess we'll just be watching them to see what they turn out to be. 


Khristian was so excited to find this Morning Glory flower.


These yellow flowers have grown a lot in the last couple weeks!




In the Garden
Between rain, taking a few new children and helping them adjust, and busyness with Bible School this is what has happened to our garden. I went out this morning to assess the damage and decide what to do next. As I was checking out the plants I realized a lot of the carrots were ready to be harvested. So I dug out what I could find. 


 Khristian and Michael were almost as excited as I was.







CJ watered his corn that has just started coming up. Monday I'm hoping to help him get the weeds out before they get ahead of us. Again.


Other Outdoor Fun
Bike mechanics!



Running races.


Out and About
Austin spent the night at his grandparents (my parents) house last night and stayed all day today. 

Doug is on duty at the rescue squad tonight and won't get home until around six in the morning. Earlier today he and Michael and CJ took the old water heater and the household trash to the landfill.

Other than a quick run to Food Lion for milk I've been home all day.

Other Notes and News
And here are a few more things the kids were doing when we weren't outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment