Friday, June 1, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Flowers and Rain and More

Walking With the King
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. ~ Revelation 21:6
MORE HERE - It Is Done

We Are Learning
Today was the last day of our flower unit. We read a book, watched a video and did a maze worksheet.


We also worked on Hh phonics worksheets.




We Are Reading
Here are some of the books the kids and I read today - 


The Carrot Seed



Here Comes Winter



The Story of Jesus



and
The Raven and the Dove from Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime.

In the Kitchen
We ate the leftover cheesy bread from yesterday for breakfast this morning. The kids, from the oldest to the youngest loved it.
For lunch we had hamburger gravy over rice and a vegetable and for dinner we had hotdogs and sweet potato fluff.

In the Garden
I worked on weeding and thinning out the turnips this morning and Amanda worked on weeding carrots a little before she got rained out of the garden.

On Our Nature Walk





Since we've been focusing on plants and flowers this week, when we went for a walk we looked for flowers and took pictures of them. 


Other Outdoor Fun
Michael took his bicycle to his Grandma's house yesterday and came home last night without it. So this morning Austin and Michael walked down to get it. I thought they would have time to get back before the rain started but I was wrong. Michael was not to happy about getting soaked!


CJ working on making a shelf.




Out and About
I didn't have to go anywhere again today. Doug picked up a few groceries for me on his way home from work so I wouldn't have to go out. 

Other Notes and News
We've had lots of rain and a couple storms this afternoon. There was a tornado watch here for awhile today but thankfully we didn't have any of those. 


Doug worked on the truck for awhile this evening, replacing the hydraulic brake lines that busted Monday evening. It's not finished yet but he's making progress.

Daily Deals
New Printable Coupons
Personal Care Coupons
Household Coupons


Today's Quote
Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. ~ Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment