Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - A Life Activated By Love

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 
~ Ephesians 5:1-2

Living a life activated by loving-kindness in the keeping of God's commandments, following the example of Jesus Christ, and being tenderhearted to forgive is a sweet-smelling sacrifice to God. (Forerunner Commentary)

Reading this really makes me stop and think - Is my life activated by Christ's love? If my life were totally activated by love what would this really look like?  Would my words, thoughts and actions change? Would the atmosphere in my home change? Would the way I spend my time change? A large part of the Bible is devoted to teaching about love - God's love for us and how we in turn are to show that love to others, so it's definitely important for me to take the time to examine my life and see if I am portraying God's love to others.

~ Linking Here ~
 




No comments:

Post a Comment