Thursday, June 21, 2012

Easy Sweet Potato Muffins

Recently I was the lucky recipient of 40 pounds of sweet potatoes. I was so excited to be able to cook and mash most of those and put them in the freezer to use later. 

One of things I've made with them that the kids have loved was muffins. These are very simple and quick to make and they also disappeared quickly.


Easy Sweet Potato Muffins
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.

Mix together cake mix, mashed sweet potatoes, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. 

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. 

Let cool and then eat one quickly before the kids eat them all. 

~ Linking Here ~




Confessions Of A Stay At Home Mommy



TastyTuesday200pix  Tasty Tuesday   peaceful mealtime setting


Photobucket



Cast Party Wednesday Link Party #1









3 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,
    We just love Sweet Potatoes and we would love these delicious Muffins. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good! I love anything potato and my kids love muffins, so I am definitely going to try this one! :-) Please feel free to come over and link it up with my "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I'd love to have you join us. :-) Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooooove sweet potato, and I'd definitely love to try your muffins :)

    ReplyDelete