Friday, July 8, 2011

Marinated Cucumbers

Since our cucumber plant is doing a wonderful job of producing cucumbers I've been trying to come up with ways to use them.

My husband and I love this recipe.


6 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons onion salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon ground mustard

Place sliced cucumbers in a large bowl. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and shake well. Pour over cucumbers; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.

~ Linking Here ~


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect hot summer day dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot...Ive been wanting to make my own pickled cucumber.Its kinda hard to find it here so the best option is to make my own.
    www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just about the least adventurous person I know in the kitchen – if it's not done in 3 min. in a microwave – or poured in a ball with milk on top – or thrown together between two slices of bread – it's not generally my thing. But I'm going to try this – my method of this in the past has been to slice up the cucumber with a little miracle slicer – then throw in some salad dressing. It's kind of like the lazy man's version of your recipe – but I won't be lazy – and I think I'll give this a shot. Although this means I'll have to find out what marjoram is - I'm assuming butter can't be substituted for it :) We read, we learn, we do, we grow :-). God bless and keep you and each and every one of yours this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely going to try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, I love the seasons that are in your marinade for the cucumbers. We would really enjoy this dish. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete