Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oven Scrambled Bacon and Eggs

These eggs are so fluffy and delicious, they disappear in a flash when I make them. And I love the convenience of having them bake in the oven while I work on the rest of the meal - or drink my coffee.


1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 lb bacon slices, fried, drained and cut into small pieces
24 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/2 cups milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour melted butter into a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and white pepper until well blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in bacon pieces.
Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, then stir and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Enjoy!

~ Linking Here ~




12 comments:

  1. This looks soooo gooood! Thanks for posting-I'll have to give it a try.

    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I will have to try this. I am always looking for new meal options. Does the bacon stay crisp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My grandkids would love this. I am also think of this recipe during the holidays when you have a house full. Thank you so much for sharing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marcia - Thank you for coming by and commenting, I hope you enjoy this. :-)

    @Rachel E - The bacon didn't stay crispy but the flavor was wonderful.

    @CoopDeVilla - I think this would be a great recipe for those times when the house is full and something good and easy is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM YUM YUM!!! LOVE that you can just bake em and not worry ;))) Genius!

    Thanks for linking up to “Strut Your Stuff Sunday” on our blog!! We appreciate it!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I never knew you could bake eggs!. More the Merrier Monday will be open until Wednesday at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your recipe. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved this idea so much we are featuring it tomorrow on our blog! Thanks again for sharing and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these this morning. They were wonderful. I mixed the bacon in toward the end so it wouldn't be mushy. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rose,
    What a great breakfast dish, I just love the poultry season in the recipe. We are going to really enjoy this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Rose. Looks fantastic. Easy, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea Rose! Out of all the meals I cook, I always find breakfast the hardest to coordinate. Hard eggs, soft eggs, eggs over easy, crispy bacon, not crispy bacon etc etc. You'd think I was a short order cook some days! LOL (It's the reason why I only cook a hot breakfast on a Sunday! LOL) I love your idea and I'm definitely going to give it a try.

    (Popping over from Miz Helen!)

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Rose,
    You are featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your feature and have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete