Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Colored Water Painting

We did a simple but fun water activity this morning. I filled some empty containers with water and added some food coloring to color the water. Then I set them out on the porch and sidewalk, provided a variety of brushes and let the kids paint away. They loved the colored water.



The food coloring just provided a hint of color and when the water dried I couldn't even see the color anymore so there was no mess to clean up.





















It didn't take long for the shoes to come off because it's so much fun to walk through your water painting!


I'm thinking this will be an activity we will do again on a regular basis.

~ Linking Here ~


9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I think I'll have to do this with my William. Here for the I <3 Blogging hop. Would love to see you at Dropped Stitches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Looks like it kept the children amused for ours! Will do this in our back yard!!!

    Thanks for joining Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son did some water colouring at pre-school last week. He loved it, he went on and on about it (and he is usually a quiet boy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! Have you tried the liquid sidewalk chalk? (http://btanders.blogspot.com/2011/05/liquid-sidewalk-chalk.html)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like they had great fun! Thanks for linking up at our Outdoor Play party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! My boys love water painting, and they'll be so excited next time when I add food coloring to it. Thanks for the great idea!
    Happily following from the Sunday Showcase. I would love it if you would follow back. Stop by my blog and say hi! :)

    Mandi
    boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking this up to the Carnival of Outdoor Play. It's so lovely to see all the children outside enjoying themselves. My girls love water painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of adding a hint of color to this. I must try it with my girls - the kids look like they were so into it! :)

    Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Showcase - can't wait to see what other fun ideas you link up this week! See you tonight for an all new linky party!!

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rose, just wanted to let you know that the Outdoor Play Party linky will be back up and running starting tomorrow (Friday). Would love to see you back sharing more of your wonderful ideas for playing outdoors!

    ReplyDelete