Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Bored?

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn


The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
~ Dorothy Parker

Someone's boring me. I think it's me.
~ Dylan Thomas

Sometimes I find myself in a bit of a rut and feeling a little bored with everything around me. It's not that I don't have anything to do - there's plenty of work, there are always a lot of people in and out my house, and there are always plenty of  "recreational" things to do. No, the problem is not a lack of things to do or activities to involve myself in. The problem lies in my own approach to what's around me.

It's so easy to get so caught up in day to day routines that I forget to see the all the little details, I forget to truly listen to the conversations and I lose my sense of wonder at the beauty in the mundane.

But when I remember to pay attention there are a myriad of fascinating observations, many of which actually lead to real life lessons and applications, at the very least I gain a better understanding of the world and the people around me. And often each observation, whether of outdoor nature or human nature leads to more questions and the search of more answers.






~ Linking Here ~
Thought Provoking Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Well said. And makes perfect sense. I've found that when I'm bored I'm not really paying attention. Thanks for posting this. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this post was very insightful and I really appreciated it! Thank you for sharing what's going on in your heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete