Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today's Adventures - Homemade Hot Pockets, A Spider and More


Today's Verse
But the Lord is the true God, He is the living God, the eternal King . . . Jeremiah 10:10

Today's Quote
Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not. ~C. S. Lewis

Playing, Learning and Working Together

Putting together picture and word puzzles




Playing memory with transportation cards. And apparently I was being told something very important although I cannot remember now what it was.

Busy working on our writing practice worksheets.


It was wet outside from a rain shower this morning so outside play was on the front porch.



Austin: "Look what I found. Can I hold it?" Me: "NOOOO!!!"



Michael doing his afternoon work in his workbook.




Overheard

Amanda as she struggles to get the broom out of the closet and the swiffer keeps getting in her way "The swiffer and the broom are in love. The swiffer doesn't want me to take the broom away."

Austin chuckling to himself as he watches something about liverwort on his science video clip this afternoon "Liver wart. That would be painful! "

From the Kitchen

I made two recipes of Traditional White Bread dough today and then made all the dough into homemade hot pockets.

Amanda helped me make the first batch this morning. We filled half of these with pepperoni and cheese and half with sausage and cheese.

I got distracted on the second batch this afternoon and by the time I got back to the rising dough it looked like this. When I uploaded the photo I noticed the drawer underneath the dough is open  slightly. I'm so glad it didn't spill over far enough to get in there.


Michael helped me fill the second batch. We filled half of these with bacon and cheese and half with sausage and cheese.

He got a  little over enthusiastic filling the first one but he soon got the hang of it and did a good job.



We had these for lunch and the older kids and Doug had some for snack this afternoon. The rest (17) I put in the freezer for later snacks, breakfasts and Doug's lunches.

Tonight I am Grateful For. . .

A quiet evening and an ice cream date at DQ with Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment