Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homemade Egg Noodles


3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons water
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons melted butter

1. Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Combine eggs, water, milk and melted butter and add to dry ingredients. Mix well to form a stiff dough. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each third into a 15 in. x 12 in. rectangle. Cut into narrow strips. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use or let dry for at least four hours and freeze for later use.


Here are the noodles cooked with chicken and broth. They were delicious. One thing I would do differently next time is roll them a thinner and cut them narrower. To me they were a little thick but the flavor was excellent.
~ Linking Here ~
SUNDAY – Strut Your Stuff Creative Bloggers Party and Hop, So Sweet Sundays, Sunday Showcase, Not “Baaad” Sunday , Think Pink Sundays, Sunday Linky Party, DIY Project Parade, Savory Sundays, Just Something I Whipped Up, Sew Darn Crafty,{K.I.S.S.} Blog Bash, MONDAY – I Made It, More the Merrier, Inspire Me Mondays, A Marvelous Mess, Made By You Monday, Making the World Cuter Monday, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Market Yourself Monday, Making Monday Marvelous, Motivate Me Monday, Sharing Monday, Making a Home TUESDAY - Titus 2sdays, Domestically Divine, One Project at a Time, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tuesday Time Out, Tuesday Confessionals Teach Me Tuesdays , Tip Me Tuesday, WEDNESDAY - Homemaking Link-Up, Living Well Wednesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, {Wow Me} Wednesday, Reader Link Wednesday Foodie Wednesday THURSDAY – Full Plate Thursday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, It's a Party, Bake with Bizzy FRIDAY – Feasting in Fellowship Fridays, Fridays Unfolded, SATURDAY - Weekend Wrap-Up Party,

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make homemade noodles but I've assumed I needed special equipment. Your recipe sounds simple enough. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made homemade noodles. It does not compare to store bought noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rose,
    I can almost taste those wonderful homemade noodles. I am going to have to make me a batch of noodles. It is a great post! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete