Monday, September 26, 2011

Today's Adventures - Monday September 26, 2011

Today's Verse
Then Jesus said, "Come to Me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Today's Quote
Weave in faith and God will find the thread. ~ Author Unknown

 Working, Learning and Playing Together

During circle time this morning Michael chose these number puzzles to work on together. This is one of his favorite activities.



Austin brought in a Katydid from outside for us to see.

Our preschool/kindergarten theme for the next few weeks will be Transportation. Austin helped Michael with this picture/word matching activity from the Transportation Preschool Pack  from Homeschool Creations.


Amanda folding laundry.

Austin shredding old paper. We use the shredded paper in the guinea pig and Amanda's pet rats cages instead of buying litter for them.



Luaren and Michael playing with transportation flannel set I made to go with our tranportation theme.





Creating

Today I made this block for the patchwork curtains I am working on for the playroom.


Here are some I did over the weekend.


From the Kitchen

Michael helped me mix up a double recipe of Homemade Egg Noodles.

Here are the noodles drying and also a two loaves of Traditional White Bread that had just come out of the oven.



Critters
Amanda's new cat, Sheena, is still getting used to her new surroundings.


Pepper thinks she has found a new friend but Sheena doesn't want to play.






Favorite Homeschool Activities from Austin and Amanda

 Austin said his favorite part of our lessons today was this short video about the Giant Prehistoric Bear.

Amanda's favorite part was the three chapters I read aloud  to them from The Tanglewoods Secret by Patricia St. John.

Tonight I Am Grateful For . . .

This goofy guy who keeps showing up in my kitchen window.


Every day is an adventure and I never want to forget.

1 comment:

  1. I love the patchwork quilt squares. They look gorgeous. Thanks for all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete