Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Finding My Voice

Each of us has a voice, something we want to say, something we want to share. And even more importantly, there is something that God wants each of us to share with the world around us. Whether is be to one or two people close to us or to a large audience, that voice is there, waiting for expression.

I am realizing this more and more lately as I find myself at a bit of a crossroad, looking at new directions and opportunities, wondering, waiting, praying,  listening to the voice rise up within me and yet, at the same time, unsure of what, exactly it is trying to express.

But as I explore new options and paths, I am excited for what is ahead, and for the adventures waiting as I share this journey with those around me. I know there are topics I am passionate about, I am pretty sure of the general themes that run strong in the nature God has made me with, and the talents, interests and strengths He has given me. I know there are things I am not cut out to do, that are simply not what I was made for. And although there is at times a very real pressure to try to be someone I'm not, or to do things that I was not cut out to do, I am learning to recognize this and move in another direction.

At the moment, finding my voice seems to taking me in these directions

1. Becoming more involved in the church I am now in. Learning from and with, encouraging and being encouraged by, sharing the voice within me as I listen to the voice of each one around me.

2. Writing. Using this blog as a way to share, to speak out about those things I am passionate about, and again learning from and with, encouraging and being encouraged.

3. Within the community. Each of us, in our own community, are here for reason. It is time for me to take a more active role within my own community, to be more open to those around me. I'm not sure what direction this will take me, at the moment I am simply paying more attention to the needs and opportunities around me as I wait for direction.

4. And last, but probably the most important, within my own home. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in all the other opportunities around us and forget that those within my own homes, whether immediate family or simply in my care for the day, need me most. They are the ones who need my best, who need me to be the person God created me to be, right here, right now.

Jeremiah 29:11 is a great encouragement to me. I know that God has a plan for me. I can see how He has worked in my life up to this point. And I am excited to see where He will lead me next and the new ways He will have for me to express the voice He has given me.
 
 
 
"For I know the thoughts I have for you" declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this....I am reminded to keep my heart open to what God has in store for me. Sometimes I find myself pushing against the current and all I really need to do is let Him lead the way.
    glad I started with your blog this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely good morning post! My biggest struggle is sifting through what I think I want to do to find what GOD is really leading me towards. What is not just more busyness, but is really HIS work. I think your list is a great starting point to think it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got your blog clear of malware. I am happy to be here again.

    Great post! IT is very important for us to know and hear God's calling in our lives. Knowing is one thing, doing is another. I pray God grant you the obedience to follow His plan. I also pray God help me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog, Rose. I particularly like your selected verse; Jeremiah 29:11, keep us the good work, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the breakout of your 4 areas. I can relate to each. I'm so glad that God has a plan for us in each area of our lives and makes it a cohesive whole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The important thing is that you're finding it -- finding ways to express it. And each of those four ways has something to do with serving others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right...God desires us to use our voice in many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post and areas in which will you focus, your goals. Thank you for reminding me to pray.. listen and wait for God for He does have a plan for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose, I'm circling back to thank you for adding your voice to the jam a couple weeks ago. I love how open your heart is to finding your voice in all aspects of life that God has placed in you. Such an encouragement to us.

    ReplyDelete