Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Morning Musing Over Coffee - The Patience of Nature


credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~ Lao Tzu

So many days I rush and rush all day long, with every minute planned and fretting over every delay,  and finish the day feeling as if I accomplished nothing. Other times, even though I have a basic plan for the day, I do not fight the normal, (and sometimes not so normal) interruptions and detours, but simply flow with them. The interesting thing is that there really isn't much difference in how much I get done by the end of the day, but there IS a big difference in how I and all those around me feel. And I may even find that some of the unplanned moments were so much better than anything I could have planned.

So today I will try to be patient with the twists and turns of the day, knowing that there is reason for everything, and there is Someone much wiser than I in control.

~ Linking Here ~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this very important reminder to "stop and smell the roses!" I needed this after a day of trying to accomplish too much and feeling rather frazzled by the end of it! I took a walk in the evening and felt so much better afterward. Beautiful Emerson quote.

    ReplyDelete