Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spring Fever



I sat down this morning and did some planning for a garden this spring. Radishes, Spinach, Lettuce, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Watermelon, Peas, Green Beans, Potatoes, and Corn are on the list. I'm not planning to plant a whole lot of each one. I'll see this year what grows well in this garden and then I'll have a better idea what to plan next year.

 Originally we thought we would plan for a 20x10 plot but when we measured it off decided it looked too small and went with 20x20 (more or less). I grew up helping with large gardens but it's been about ten years since I've had one of my own.

While I was deciding what I want to plant and making a calender of what gets planted when, Doug started looking at tillers. This afternoon we went out to Sears and bought a tiller. We brought it home and had some fun playing in the dirt. We basically just broke the ground and still need to go over it several times. But we had fun.






I can't wait to see some plants growing here.


Michael and Khristian playing while watching the action.



No comments:

Post a Comment