Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

After nearly a week of beautiful weather we woke up this morning to a dusting of snow on the ground. Schools were on a two hour delay. I didn't tell Austin and Amanda that because we took the day off from school yesterday and really needed to get back on schedule. Amanda was really disappointed to see colder weather, she can hardly wait for Spring, says she needs to be able to run barefoot again. Last week, on one of the really warm days she kicked her shoes off and walked barefoot in the garden



My poor cell phone met with an unfortunate accident yesterday morning. Somehow I dropped it into a cup of coffee. Needless to say, it did not respond to well to a coffee marinade. So when Doug got home from work he called the phone company and made a claim. You see, he was wise enough when we bought this one to get it insured, because my phones have a strange habit of meeting unfortunate ends. My last one was crushed by a chair. Anyway, my new phone came today. I was surprised to see it was so late in the day when he called the company. They had said it would be here Wednesday, but I'm not complaining. At all. I feel lost without my phone. I use it for my camera and I also have a lot of twitter messages come through as texts. So I felt very disconnected without a phone.

Today was a busy day with daycare kids, but tomorrow will be very quiet with only two daycare children during the day and then two more coming in around bedtime tomorrow evening. No two days are ever alike here, and it keeps things interesting. Maybe I'll actually get my refrigerator cleaned tomorrow. Not that that's so interesting, but it really needs to be done.

Anyway, I'm really tired so before my rambling gets too strange here, I'm going to wish everyone a good night and a great day tomorrow.





2 comments:

  1. Last week was beautiful! We are really missing the warm weather. My kids were running around barefoot one day too. They are not understanding why it is so cold this week.

    The phone insurance is brilliant! I am lost without my phone too. I had issues with my phone that lasted over a month. I ended up loosing photos and videos because I didn't back up. I hope you backed up your info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel Nut - Most of my photos were backed up but my contacts weren't so that was a pain.

    ReplyDelete