Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Nature's Pace?




Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 

I don't always like the pace of nature, it can seem SO slow when I'm waiting for Spring after long gray days stuck inside. I'm thinking of birds singing, warm sunshine on my face, flowers blooming, and seedlings coming peeking through the earth but my reality is clouds,rain, cold and mud. It's almost hard to believe Spring truly is right around the corner. And yet these wer5 and dreary days are needed to prepare the earth for the new life about to spring from the earth. 

So too it is in our lives. The dreariness of a winter season in life can make it hard to believe there really is hope and beauty and new joy to be had just a round the corner. It's easy to remain focused on how things look right now, thinking they will never change when in reality it's preparation for the new opportunities and adventures that are waiting just around the corner for us. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

LINKING HERE
SUNDAY - The Weekend Brew


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the beautiful scripture to remind me that God has good plans for my life. So glad you linked up at The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete