Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today was even warmer than yesterday and we made the most of it spending almost two hours outside. I'm still comprehending the fact that this place is really ours and dreaming of the things I want to do here. I enjoy walking around looking in all nooks and crannies. I look at the trees and dream of tree houses. I look at the front yard and porch and imagine flower beds,porch swings, and lazy summer evenings. I look at the very back of the property and imagine a garden full of healthy plants and a large chicken coop full of laying hens. Dreaming, I know, but hoping too make those dreams reality.

We had seven daycare children today (not all at once but spread out over all three shifts) and really had a relaxed day. Besides playing outside we had circle time, played Winter Bingo, and read stories. The younger kids spent quite a bit of time building with wooden blocks and playing puppy, which is their favorite pretend game right now.

Amanda was in charge of dinner this evening and made cheesy shells, peas, and served applesauce with it.

Doug and Austin worked some more on cleaning out the shed and then Austin went to youth group at church and Doug worked on some minor repairs around the house.

I finally got the kitchen floor scrubbed good. It was getting pretty bad and it was so nice to see a  nice clean floor again. I also made a double batch of the Cheddar Crackers that were so popular last week.

All in all it was just one of those days that make me glad to be alive and grateful for all the blessings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment