Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday May 1, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . It has been an absolutely wonderfully warm Spring day. When I took the kids for our daily walk I was happy to see the wild blackberry vines blooming very nicely.






In the kitchen . . . breakfast for lunch. This evening a version of Savory Poultry Dressing and some radishes and radish greens from the garden. I also baked two loaves of bread. 


After dinner CJ and Michael used the snow cone maker to make a cold treat.











I am going . . . nowhere today. And I'm enjoying my day at home. 


We are learning . . . lots of fun things. Here Michael, Lauren and Khristian are learning to work together and to problem solve. 







Christopher is learning to pull himself up to furniture and stand. 






Around the house . . . CJ, Michael and Christopher are all asleep. Lauren is watching TV, and Amanda and Austin are in their rooms. Doug was called in to Rescue Squad this evening from 6-9.


A favorite quote for today . . . The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. ~ Edward Phelps



3 comments:

  1. Love your quote for today!!!! Fantastic!

    Thanks for visiting The Provision Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a busy mom. Love the photos of the kids and blackberry vines. We just planted blackberries, dewberries, and blueberries. I think that will be my next blog post:) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get our daily walk in today because it's been raining the entire day! You're going to be blessed with an abundance of berries this summer!

    ReplyDelete