Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - What Can Mere Mortals Do To Me?

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

In God, whose Word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? ~ Psalm 56:4

When I read this verse this morning I nearly laughed out loud, not because it's funny, but because of the joy and the freedom of knowing that I really do not have to worry about the condemnation of "mere mortals." 

Why is it, that when I am serving such a wonderful and awesome God, I let the fear of what others think, or will do, steal my joy? If God is as awesome and wonderful and powerful and loving as I keep saying He is (and He is and more) why am so concerned with what others say and think. 

So today, I am going to claim this verse and live in the freedom of God's love and His work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment